- Previously ...
Drupal 8 for site builders
This session will highlight key features of Drupal 8 for site builders. This session would focus on configurations which are present in Drupal 8 out of the box. Unlike other session we would not touch base any code related changes in this session, the focus would be configurations which help site builders to spin features with few clicks.
The key points covered in the session
- Change in file structure in Drupal 8.
- Modules added and removed in Drupal 8.
- Architecture changes in the blocks. Remember the days in Drupal 7 when multiblock module was installed to clone a block so that it can be added in more than one region.
- Glimpse of Tour Module in Drupal 8 used to create interactive help.
- Inline Editing Feature.
- Responsive UI in Drupal 8.
- Configuration management in Drupal 8: Deployment in Drupal 7 has always been a challenge. Modules like Features were used to export the configuration from one instance of the site to another. This topic would cover how this pain point has been taken care of.
Who Should Attend This?
- Site builders
- Drupal enthusiasts and professionals
- Project Managers
- Familiarity with Drupal is expected.
About the speaker
Ashish Thakur is a Tech Lead at Srijan Technologies. You can find him by a_thakur handle on drupal.org. He loves mountains, dogs and drupal.
NOTE: This session was also presented at Drupal Camp Delhi and was a jam packed.