- Previously ...
A Development Workflow Based on Vagrant and Installation Profiles
The goal of this session is to propose a development workflow which is satisfactory both for you and your team.
This presentation will address the following questions:
- What is Vagrant? How to install it? What is it compatible with?
- How does it enable my team to be more productive and help our contributors?
- Why does it improve our workflows?
- Typical uses within a Drupal environment. Quickstart with VDD (Vagrant Drupal Development).
- Are there any tools to help us bootstrap the Vagrant configuration? Yes: puphpet.com / phansible.com → quick demo.
- Other devops use cases such as testing server configuration tools (Chef / Puppet / Ansible / etc...)
We will also argue for the introduction in such a development worfklow of installation profiles and Drush makefiles:
- What are they, how can they help you structure your developments?
- What are the advantages of keeping only your installation profiles under revision control, as opposed to versioning a whole Drupal platform along with whole Drupal contrib projects?
- How to cleanly manage patches?