Are you a supporter of the Open Source movement? Are you looking to take on new technical challenges?
Then it’s time you bring your talents to Smile and take advantage of the benefits of a well established Open Source group.
Smile is made up of a team of experts in web architecture and open source solutions. With more than 750 employees in 17 agencies (in France, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Belgium, the Ivory Coast, Maracco, Ukraine and Russia), Smile is the European leader for the integration of open source solutions across a wide variety of domaines (CMS, BI, ERP, GED, e-commerce, etc).
Our motto: keep it simple, useful and high performing.
To help support its growth, Smile is currently seeking out PHP developers with a background in Drupal.
You will be based at our headquarters in Asnières-Sur-Seine (Paris) or at the offices of our clients to support large-scale development projects (Louvre Hotels Group, Total, Kering, Safran, Lafarge, Vinci Facilities, Christian Dior Couture, and more).
You will be involved in the development of websites and part of a project team made up of a project manager, HTML integrators, and developers, and will be guided by a Drupal technical expert. These PHP projects will be carried out in Drupal 7 or 8 in a LAMP environment.
Your technical skills will be needed to support the following tasks
- Improving the overall performance of highly traffiked sites
- Implementing the appropriate security measures to protect the site
- Developing custom modules to meet the requirements of the project (ex: import/export of large quantities of data, document generation, implementing complex web forms, interaction with 3rd party Information systems like Salesforce.com, etc.)
- Working in the Agile method of project management
- Participating in the development of modules for the Drupal community
You will be interacting with the following technologies, according to the project
- CMS: Drupal
- Languages: PHP5 / JQuery / AJAX / HTML5 / CSS3
- OS: Linux Debian
- Databases: MySQL / MongoDB
- Software: Eclpise / SVN / GIT
You have a technical degree from an engineering school and have at least 2 years of experience in PHP development. Knowledge of Drupal 7 is also required. Knowledge of Symfony2 and/or Zend frameworks would be a plus.
Passionate about Open Source technologies, you would like to grow your skill set and work in diverse customer environments supporting dynamic and innovative projects.
Your proven success will allow you to advance your career towards project management or technical expertise roles.
We offer our employees a close proximity to our technical experts, contributors and active members of Open Source communities
The “Smile Academy” allow employees to take part in training sessions as soon as they begin their career at Smile. Custom trainings are also possible which often times offer the chance to obtain software certifications.